Interview with Sylla Sheppard-Hanger
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST: iTunes or Google Play
Topics covered in this episode
- The potency of Essential Oils and the importance of using them safely
- Common injuries caused by improper use of Essential Oils
- Guidelines for using Essential Oils topically
- Specific oils that are known skin irritants
- How to best use carrier oils and dilution guidelines
- Safety guidelines for inhalation and diffusing Essential Oils
- Should Essential Oils be taken internally?
- Sylla's favorite Essential Oils and blends
- All about the United Aromatherapy Effort
Sylla Sheppard-Hanger is the Founder and Director of the Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy in Tampa, Florida. She brings forty years of experience and personal research into the practice of aromatherapy and essential oils. Sylla is the author of The Aromatherapy Practitioner Correspondence Course and The Aromatherapy Practitioner Reference Manual, the latter of which is a complete reference book with over 350 aromatic plant extracts and phytochemical, clinical and botanical indexes. Since 1996, Sylla has also been involved with an on-going research project called Psychosocial Aromatherapy Research Project (PARP) with Dr. Trevor Stokes from the University of South Florida. She volunteers her time and aromatic counseling skills to organizations within her community, and she continues to maintain her private aromatherapy practice in Tampa, Florida, where she resides with her husband and one cat.
Where to find Sylla
- Institute Website: http://www.atlanticinstitute.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AtlanticInstitute/
- Vintage Aromatherapy: http://vintagearomatherapist.com/
- United Aromatherapy Effort: https://www.unitedaromatherapy.org/
Disclaimer: The information presented in this podcast is for educational purposes only, and is not meant to replace professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor if you are in need of medical care, and before making any changes to your health routine.