Interview with Kirsten and Christopher
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST: iTunes or Google Play
Topics covered in this episode
- The basics of fermented foods and their benefits.
- Fermented food safety tips.
- Why fermented food is worth our attention as an important food.
- How fermented foods can positively effect our gut.
- How gut health is related to mind health.
- Tips for working fermented foods into your routine.
- How to ferment your own foods.
- More about their "Fiery Ferments Book"
About Kirsten & Christopher
Kirsten and Christopher Shockey got their start in fermenting foods with their organic food company, where they created over forty varieties of saurkrauts and kimchis. When they realized their passion was for the process, they chose to focus on teaching the art of fermenting vegetables. They teach classes nationally and on their 40-acre hillside homestead in the Applegate Valley of Southern Oregon, where they have cultivated a handmade life for the last 19 years. They are co-authors of two books on fermentation, best-selling Fermented Vegetables and the new Fiery Ferments, May 2017
Where to find Kirsten and Christopher
Disclaimer: The information presented in this podcast is for educational purposes only, and is not meant to replace professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor if you are in need of medical care, and before making any changes to your health routine.