Interview with MARCO VALUSSI
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST: iTunes or Google Play
Topics covered in this episode
- What Aromatherapy is and is not – a defining of terms.
- The two categories of Essential Oil use: Olfactory Use and Pharmacological use
- Essential Oil Safety
- The importance of scientific thinking in Essential Oil use.
- The importance of reading and knowing how to read scientific journals.
- Making a distinction between the actions of an herb from its essential oil.
- A step by step way to apply the scientific method to aromatherapy
- The importance of clinical studies in aromatherapy.
- Two recommendations for aromatherapist and clinicians to add to their practice.
Marco has been working with medicinal and aromatic plants for 20 years - teaching, writing and consulting about them. While in London he gained his Diploma in Aromatherapy with ITHMA in 1995, and my BSc. (Hons.) in Herbal Medicine in 1998. He is currently scientific director of the distillation project "Gadoi", in the mountain area near Verona, a local, short production chain for essential oils and aromatic waters. He also teaches about essential oils at Florence’s and Siena’s University Masters Degrees, and often consults for the distillation industry in Nepal.
WHERE YOU CAN FIND MARCO:
Disclaimer: The information presented in this podcast is for educational purposes only, and is not meant to replace professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor if you are in need of medical care, and before making any changes to your health routine.