Conversation with Penny Price
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST: iTunes or Google Play
Topics covered in this episode
- What is a hydrosol (hydrolat) and how is it made?
- How are hydrosols used in Aromatherapy and how do they differ from essential oil use?
- The chemical makeup of hydrosols
- The therapeutic uses of hydrosols
- The energetics of hydrosols
- Tips for safe use of hydrosols
- German Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) hydrosol profile and uses
- Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis) hydrosol profile and uses
- Rose (Rosa spp.) profile and uses
About PENNY PRICE
Penny founded her company Penny Price Aromatherapy and the Penny Price Academy in 2003 and the company now has 15 distributorships over the world with 15 designated Academies teaching clinical aromatherapy. She was initially trained by her mother, Shirley Price, and then pursued her own studies, being awarded the first research degree from Oxford University, exploring the use of essential oils in behavior management in special needs education. As a lecturer in the therapeutic use of essential oils, Penny has traveled throughout Europe, the Far East and South America. Penny has written two books and co-written two more.
She has contributed substantially to peer-reviewed journals as well as populist articles for magazines, alongside writing and contributing to the academic texts on the medical use of aromatherapy and essential oils. After 37 years of studying the chemistry and pharmacology of essential oils, Penny is regarded as a world expert.
Connect with PENNY PRICE
Disclaimer: The information presented in this podcast is for educational purposes only, and is not meant to replace professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor if you are in need of medical care, and before making any changes to your health routine.